Staying heart healthy is becoming more and more significant in this fast paced modern day scenario.
Given this paramount need to focus on heart health, I sat down with an expert physician, book author, septuagenarian athlete on the show.
Our guest Dr.Akil Taher recovered from a heart bypass surgery himself, and has transformed his state of health to one of vibrant & robust living by tweaking his diet and lifestyle practices.
Dr.Taher and I discuss the following aspects in this enlightening conversation:
- Role of success in an individual's life and how this breeds ignorance and arrogance
- Chronic conditions versus conditions needing immediate attention
- Dr.Taher's own journey with heart health
- "Man made conditions" versus genetics
- Role of lifestyle in reversing diseases that are chronic
- How epigenetics can transform body's response to DNA
- Lifestyle implications on health
- How heart health is influenced by cultural habits/diets and across cultures
- Why heart health is compromised a lot in South Asian population
- Susceptibility to heart conditions in the above cohort
- Saturated fats, sugars and connection to oil in our lives
- Impact of illnesses on mental health
- Spirituality, meditation and benefits
- Exercise, cardio protective exercising parameters
- HDL, LDL, Triglycerides and what they mean and ideal levels
and much more ....
Please be sure to tune in to Part 2 of this conversation on this podcast to get Dr.Taher's wholesome perspective on this topic.
Tune in today to benefit from this conversation and spread the word!
Follow the podcast on Spotify, Google, Apple , Amazon or on any major podcast source.
Fresh leaf forever website has all the episodes for anyone to enjoy.
Follow me on Instagram for interesting digital media content and all that I do and follow me on twitter as well.
Dr.Taher's book, all resources and contact information may be found via his website https://www.akiltaher.com
Also, click this Buzzsprout link to get started with your own podcasting hosting service with Buzzsprout.
FBuzzsprout - Let's get your podcast launched!
Follow host Vai on Instagram , twitter for interesting digital media and thought leadership content. Head to my website for enlightening blogs & service offerings.
This podcast comes to you from Listen Ponder Change LLC, founded by Vai Kumar.
Every support the show contribution is much appreciated !!